Amazon has announced FBA increases for the UK and Europe starting in April 2018. You can read the announcement below and in your Seller Central account:
Hello from Fulfilment by Amazon,
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) fees across the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain will be adjusted to reflect the changing costs of fulfilment, storage, transportation, and customer service. We are notifying you now to give you time to plan for these changes.
The following changes are effective from April 26, 2018:
- Change to Local Fulfilment Fees: We will adjust our fulfilment fees for products sold on Amazon marketplaces and shipped from a fulfilment centre in the same Amazon marketplace. Units fulfilled as part of the Pan-European programme will continue to be charged the local fulfilment fee from the marketplace in which the product was purchased. See details.
- Change to European Fulfilment Network (EFN) Fees: We will adjust our cross-border EFN fulfilment fees for products sold on Amazon marketplaces and shipped across European borders from a fulfilment centre in another Amazon marketplace in Europe. See details.
- Change to Monthly Storage Fees: Monthly storage fees will be increased for inventory stored in European fulfilment centres. See details.
- Elimination of Zero Fee Fulfilment: The Zero Fee Fulfilment discount for standard-size items that sell for £300/€350 or more will be discontinued. Fulfilment fees based on the product size tier will apply. See details.
The following change is effective from September 5, 2018:
- Expansion of Returns Processing Fee into Jewellery, Watches and Luggage Categories: A Returns Processing Fee will be applied to customer-returned products in the Jewellery, Watches and Luggage categories. See details.
The following change is effective from October 9, 2018:
- Introduction of Manual Processing Fee: To ensure that your shipments to Amazon fulfilment centres are received quickly and accurately, we will require you to provide box content information for each box sent to Amazon. We provide several tools to make it easier to provide box content information on all shipments. If you choose to not provide box content information, Amazon will manually process your shipment at the fulfilment centre and a Manual Processing Fee will apply for each unit. See details.
Fees for FBA Small and Light, Prep Services, removal and disposal orders, long-term storage and Multi-Channel Fulfilment are not affected by this change and will continue to apply where applicable.
We remain dedicated to providing high value to our sellers. Here is a reminder of some recent improvements to FBA:
- Pan-European FBA: With this programme, it is easier for you to grow your business in your home marketplace and by selling abroad across Europe. Pan-European FBA enables you to sell across Europe by placing your inventory closer to customers in Europe, and by fulfilling and delivering orders at lower costs and in less time. More products are now eligible to be enrolled on the Pan-European FBA programme, and you can enable auto-enrolment for your inventory to be added to the programme. Learn more.
- Unlimited Same-Day Delivery: Tens of millions of members globally enjoy the many benefits of Prime. In fact, more new paid members joined Prime worldwide in 2017 than any previous year. Prime members can receive unlimited Same-Day Delivery on millions of qualifying FBA items across all product categories.
- VAT Services on Amazon: VAT Services on Amazon allows you to spend more time on your business and less on VAT. With VAT Services on Amazon, you complete VAT registration, filing and submission in Seller Central from just €400 per country per year. This service is available for the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, and Czech Republic. Learn more.
- Inventory Management Enhancements: Two new tools have been launched to help you manage your inventory and maximise sales. The Restock Inventory tool provides recommendations on products to restock, suggested order quantities and reorder dates. Learn more. The Manage Excess Inventory tool helps you quickly identify listings that may have excess inventory and take appropriate actions to improve your inventory performance. Learn more.
- FBA Small and Light: In the United Kingdom, you can benefit from lower fulfilment fees for your fast-moving, small and light products that are priced under £9 (an improved threshold from £7 of the previous year). Learn more.
For more information about all upcoming changes, including fee schedules, definitions, and examples, visit 2018 Fulfilment by Amazon Europe fee changes.
We welcome your feedback on these announced changes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for using Fulfilment by Amazon.
The Fulfilment by Amazon Team