Users, Roles, and Permissions

Document created by noahs Employee on Apr 27, 2017Last modified by noahs Employee on May 2, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Overview:

You can set up unique Users and Roles in Monsoon Marketplace to manage individual access based on your business needs.

1. Decide what roles you’ll want. If you have multiple employees, think about the types of work they will do in the software, and create roles to match each level of access.
  2. Set up user accounts for each person on your team.
  3. Associate each user with a role. This allows you to control access to features and functionality, and to track activities such as who received particular items and who processed specific orders.

Things to know:

When someone from your company no longer needs access to Monsoon Marketplace, you can revoke all permissions and change the password to that account. This preserves all historical data associated with that user, including the information displayed in reports.

• We do not recommend that you delete a user, since the action cannot be reversed and will impact your historical data.

Exercises

I. Create a new role

1. In Monsoon Marketplace, click on the Settings tab.
  2. Under the My Company section, click on Users.
  3. Click Add in the Roles section.
  4. Type Order/Inventory Mgmt in the Roles field.
  5. Click Edit in the Permissions field and select: Inventory Management, Receiving, Bulk Edit, Import/Export, Manage Orders, Ship Problem Orders and Cancel/Refund Orders, and Send Order Email.
  6. Click OK in the Role Permissions window.
  7. Click OK at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.

II. Create a new user

1. Click Add in the Users section, under the My Company area of the Settings tab.
  2. Type Carl in the User Name field.
  3. Type inventory1 in the Password field.
  4. Click Edit in the Roles field and select: Order/Inventory Mgmt.
  5. Click OK in the User Roles window.
  6. Click OK at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.

III. Create a role and a user

1. Call the role Manager and assign permissions of Basic Admin.
  2. Call the user Lori, choose the password superhero, and assign the role Manager.

IV. Take a screen shot

1. Take a screen shot of the My Company section of the Settings tab, showing the new roles and users you have created. Upload your screenshot below.

You finished, great job!

← Previous Topic    Next Topic →

Attachments

Outcomes