View Your Inventory

Document created by noahs Employee on May 1, 2017Last modified by noahs Employee on May 2, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Overview:

You can view items in the My Inventory tab in multiple ways.

The Category menu allows you to limit your results to a specific category, or to view inventory in all categories at the same time.

Choose to view inventory in all categories, or a specific category

FIGURE 1: Choose to view inventory in all categories, or a specific category

You have the option to Browse or Search your inventory in the categories you’ve specified. When you Browse your inventory, target your results by selecting All Active, Recently Modified, Recently Received, or Filter. If you select Filter, you can specify additional criteria to determine which inventory Monsoon Marketplace will display.

Target your results when browsing your inventory

FIGURE 2: Target your results when browsing your inventory

When you Search your inventory, select the field you want to search (such as ASIN, Title or SKU) and then type your specific search terms.

Select a field to search

FIGURE 3: Select a field to search

Whether you choose to Browse or Search, you will see your Inventory List results in the upper section, and the Item Details of a selected item in the lower section. Take some time to explore the details displayed for various types of inventory.

My Inventory window

FIGURE 4: Your inventory list is displayed in the upper section, and item details are displayed in the lower section

Things to know:

• The fields available to search your inventory are adjusted based on the category you have selected. For example, if you search for inventory in all categories, you’ll have the option to search in fields that are common across all records (such as ASIN, Locator Code, SKU, Title and UPC). If you instead choose a specific category like Baby Products, you’ll have additional search choices (such as Color, Mfr. Part # and Size).
  • Similarly, fields common across all inventory categories will always be visible in the Item Details. Additional fields will be visible in the Item Details based on a particular item’s category. For example, an item in the Book category will show Title, Author, and Binding fields, while an item in the Consumer Electronics category will show Item Package, Quantity, and Brand fields.

Exercises

1. Browse your inventory
    1. Click on the My Inventory tab.
    2. In the Category menu, select All.
    3. Select Browse.
    4. In the Browse menu, select Recently Modified.
    5. Highlight different items in the upper section of results.
    6. Notice the differences in the Item Detail screens for items in different Categories (Software versus Sports and Fitness for example).
  2. Browse using a filter
    1. Remain on the My Inventory tab with the Category All and Browse selected.
    2. In the Browse menu, select Filter.
    3. In the Filter Criteria dialog box, select Qty from the Column list.
    4. Select Greater Than from the Operator list.
    5. Type 10 for the Value.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Review the results and the item details.

1. Search by ISBN
    1. Remain on the My Inventory tab, and in the Category menu select Books.
    2. Select SearchISBN, and type 0804714746
    3. Press Enter or click Go.
    4. Review the results and the item details.
  2. Search by title
    1. Select BooksSearchTitle and type writers .
    2. Press Enter or click Go.
    3. Review the results and the item details.

← Previous Topic    Next Topic →

Attachments

Outcomes