Locator Codes

Document created by noahs Employee on May 1, 2017Last modified by noahs Employee on May 2, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Overview:

Locator Codes are labels attached to your inventory, designed to help you quickly find items in your shop or warehouse. In Monsoon Marketplace, you can choose the style of locator code you prefer in the My Company section of the Settings tab.

Locator Codes options

FIGURE 1: Locator Codes options

If you decide to use locator codes, you can see the locations associated with a particular inventory item on the My Inventory tab, by clicking the ellipsis button next to the Qty field.

Click the ellipsis to the right of the Qty field to view an item's location details

FIGURE 2: Click the ellipsis to the right of the Qty field to view an item’s location details

You can assign locator codes when you receive items into inventory, or when you edit existing inventory.

Things to know:

With Monsoon Marketplace, you have the option to automatically print a locator slip when you receive an item into inventory. If you are using locator codes, the default settings for locator slips include a barcode that identifies the locator code associated with an item. By scanning the barcode on locator slips, you can quickly identify items and speed up the picking and packing process.

Exercises

I. Verify the Locator Code Style setting in Monsoon Marketplace

1. Click on the Settings tab.
  2. Under the My Company section, click on Locator Codes.
  3. Select AlphaNumeric, if it is not already selected.
  4. Click OK to save if you made any changes.

II. View the Location Code of an item in inventory

1. Click on the My Inventory tab.
  2. Search or Browse for the “Taylor 9842 Commercial Waterproof Digital Thermometer.” It is in the Home category, and associated with UPC 077784098424.
  3. Click the ellipses next to the Qty field.
  4. Make note of the Location associated with the item.
  5. Click OK or X to close the Locator Codes / Quantity Editor window.

← Previous Topic    Next Topic →

Attachments

Outcomes