Edit Items in Your Inventory

Document created by noahs Employee on May 1, 2017Last modified by noahs Employee on May 1, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Overview:

On the My Inventory tab in Monsoon Marketplace, you can edit the white fields in the item details. These are fields where you supply information about your inventory, such as: Quantity, Classification, and Item Notes.

Item details with white fields can be edited

FIGURE 1: Item details with white fields can be edited

You can update these fields as needed to make sure your item records contain data that correspond to your physical inventory, or to make sure that Monsoon Marketplace has the most up-to-date information.

Other fields in the item details screen can’t be edited, because they contain information required for proper listing on the markets. These include fields like Author, Title, Sales Rank, and Product Category, which are typically supplied from your home market.

Things to know:

To remove an item from your inventory, change the quantity of that item to zero.

• SKUs with a quantity of zero, that have been in Monsoon Marketplace for more than 180 days and have never been ordered, are automatically removed by the software.
  • SKUs that have quantity, are newer than 180 days old, or are associated with an order, will stay in your Monsoon Marketplace database.

Amazon does not permit changes to a listed item’s Condition or Collectible designation. If you have a listed item that is associated incorrectly, zero out the quantity of the existing SKU, and then receive the item under a new SKU with the correct Condition and/or Collectible designation selected.

Item notes will display on your listings for a specific item (SKU). Any additional Frequently-Used Note you select will be appended to the end of existing item notes. You can edit existing item notes by making changes in the Item Notes field.

Add or edit notes in the Item Notes field

FIGURE 2: Add or edit notes in the Item Notes field

Exercises

1. Edit Classification and Item Notes for an item

• Click the My Inventory tab.
  • Select the Search option.
  • Select ASIN as the search field.
  • Search for the value B00CR42KGY in the search field.
  • Click the Go icon or press Enter.
  • Click the ellipsis button next to the Classification field.
  • In the Classification Editor dialog box, select VendorX.
  • Click OK to close the dialog box.
  • Click the ellipsis button next to the Item Notes box.
  • In the Frequently Used Notes Selector dialog box, check Evil Kitty Not Included to assign this note.
  • Click OK at the bottom of the screen to save the changes to the product.

2. Edit quantity for an item

• Search for SKU mon0000000015 in the My Inventory tab.
  • Click the ellipsis button next to the Qty field.
  • In the Locator Codes / Quantity Editor dialog box, click in the Quantity field next to the 05068.BLI location. Change the quantity from 123 to 74.
  • Click OK at the bottom of the screen to save the changes to the product.

3. Edit Classification and Item Notes for an item

• Use the skills practiced above to edit the SKU associated with ASIN B000HHJFQ6 in the My Inventory tab.
  • Add Amazon as a Classification.
  • Add Great Product. Free Shipping. as a note to the item.
  • Save the changes.

4. Edit Classification, Item Notes and quantity for an item

• Use the skills practiced above to edit the SKU associated with ASIN B00009WE45 in the My Inventory tab.
  • Change the quantity associated with location bin29-19 to 25.
  • Add Unboxed as a Classification.
  • Add Great Product. Free Shipping. as a note to the item.
  • Save the changes.

← Previous Topic    Next Topic →

Attachments

Outcomes