Import error file
This indicates that the ISBN in the file cannot be found in Amazon’s catalog.
This can happen for a couple of reasons:
- The first reason is the item does not actually exist in Amazon’s catalog. You can check this by searching for the ISBN on Amazon. If nothing is found on Amazon, the product does not exist in their catalog.
- The second reason is the item is not a book (or in the Books category) and, therefore, does not have an ISBN but an EAN. To see if this is the case, search Amazon for the ISBN. If something other than a book comes up you know that you have an EAN rather than an ISBN.
If you have determined that you have an EAN in the ISBN field:
- Add a column in the import file with EAN as the column header
- Copy the value from the ISBN field and paste it into the EAN field
- Re-import the file into Monsoon Marketplace
If you cannot find the product in Amazon’s catalog, the product cannot be listed by Monsoon Marketplace. In order to add this product to Monsoon Marketplace, you must first create the product page on Amazon directly. Once Amazon has generated an ASIN for your newly created product page, you can add the ASIN to the ASIN column in your import file and import the product again.